Friday, May 5, 2017

EXCUSES...

As I watch other people's YouTube Videos and read other blog posts lately it's really made me start to think about myself.  I restarted WW in Jan of this year (2017) and it is now May 5 and nothing has changed for me.  Why I ask myself?  

Yes, my son broke his leg at the end of November and that took a lot of time away from myself.  Yes, we've had the holidays with my daughter coming home.  Yes, I traveled and helped my daughter move to her new home over Spring Break.  Yes, work has been stressful and busy along with all the part time jobs I have.  Yes, I've been having a ton of health problems that I can't seem to manage.  But are those really the reasons or are they EXCUSES?

How long, I ask myself, am I going to continue making excuses for myself as I watch other people be successful?  I want to be successful.  I have been successful in the past, so obviously I can do it.

So I started thinking, how can I hold myself accountable?  

Here are a few of my ideas for May...

Since it's the end of the school year I have to clean my whole classroom and get it ready for summer cleaning and the next school year...so I'm working on that this month.  

I need to do the same thing for areas in my home-especially my 'office' area which is really in the dining room/kitchen...doing that tomorrow.

My husband and I have a plan to run a half-marathon trail run in November and a marathon in March.  We have had these plans before and something always happens...life, work, injuries, etc.  BUT we're being a little more proactive this time.  We have WAY more time to train which we haven't in the past-which causes stress.  And we're designing a plan to follow.  So I feel much better about that.

Even though I'm online only right now with WW I'm going to hold a mini meeting for myself and read the weekly newsletter they give out in meetings, blog about how my week went, and plan in my planner my upcoming week so I have a plan.  I'm great with planning-that's not the issue-the follow through, the accountability and doing it is the issues.

So that's me.  I feel like there is a glimmer of light now in front of me and I'm heading towards it.  I haven't felt this in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment